The current pandemic indeed caused disarray in all travel plans including going abroad. Are you one of the few privileged to have been in Japan and who is now missing Japan’s sakura blossoms? Or are you one of the dreamers who wish to participate in cherry blossom viewing but lacks the luxury of or extra funds to travel outside the country? Either way, locally situated Saka Resort is sure to be up your alley.
Visiting Saka Resort in Tarlac Province, Philippines from the last week of January until late February can be an alternative to getting that nice pink backdrop perfect for your Instagram feed! All you need to do is look up Saka Resort on Waze.
If you are not traveling by private vehicle, you can: A. Message Saka Resort on Facebook to arrange a pickup and drop off at the Tarlac Bus station, or B. If you are feeling adventurous, DIY! Here are the steps:
- Bus going to Tarlac (Victory Liner, Dagupan Bus, 5 Star, Philippine Rabbit, Genesis all have Tarlac routes)
- Get on a tricycle and ask to be dropped off at the Cathedral. (Cost: 25-30php)
- Proceed to the right side of the Cathedral where tricycles are lined up that goes to Barangay Care.
- From there, ask the driver to take you to Saka Resort. (Make sure to negotiate the fare, it should be around 100php-150php)
- Get ready for a trip to the countryside! Travel time would be around 20-30 minutes.
Saka Resort‘s native-themed cottages and the giant footprint swimming pool are likewise picture-worthy. In fact, why don’t you bring a drone and be amazed with the view from above?